Developed by Wild Orchid Properties, Sailmakers is a mixed-use development located between the Limehouse Cut and Commercial Road. It comprises of 60,000 ft2 of co-living and co-working space.
We were appointed to support the proposed development and provide multidisciplinary technical services to support the planning application. Our team initially assessed the site for land contamination and flood risk, before providing geotechnical design parameters and recommendations for safe surface water disposal. We also looked at air quality, reviewing existing levels vs the potential levels that would occur after the construction of the new development.
The total site will provide 110,000 ft2 of space in both new development and a restored Grade II Victorian sailmaking loft.
WHAT WE DID:
- Contaminated Land Assessment
- Remediation Design
- Geophysical Surveys
- Conducted Geotechnical Site Investigations
- Air Quality Assessments
- Flood Warning Evacuation Plan
- Flood Resilient Design
- Multidisciplinary Advice
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS / BENEFITS
- Developed an appropriate site investigation method for the listed parts of the property.
- Determined ground conditions for the pile design.
- Defined a strategy for the safe investigation of a former petrol filling station on the site.
- Carried out Geophysical Surveys across the site and discovered a number of underground storage tanks that were previously hidden.
- Prepared a Flood Warning Evacuation Plan and subscribed future residents to a flood warning service.
- In collaboration with our in-house structural engineers and flood risk consultants, we proposed to mitigate the flood risk to the site and manage residual risks through flood resilient design measures.