Built on council-owned land , Phase 3 of Colville Road will see 48 homes constructed with all homes being affordable, helping to tackle the housing shortage identified by the council in Cambridge. The homes are designed to be highly sustainable with features such as PV panels, air source heat pumps and MVHR systems. A sustainable drainage system will aid the existing surface sewer system and allow a more even distribution of drainage.
Our multidisciplinary team have been involved in all 3 phases of the development to date, working closely alongside Cambridge Investment Partnership, BPTW and Feilden and Mawson, providing technical services across the planning and design stages. We started working on Phase 3 in 2020 and provided a number of specialist services to support a planning application.
Planning permission was secured from Cambridge City Council in December 2021. Works started on site in late 2022 and the project is being constructed by Hill Group. It is due to be completed in early 2024.
WHAT WE DID:
- Noise Impact Assessment
- Demolition Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment
- Construction Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment
- Demolition Dust Management Plan
- Construction Dust Management Plan
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Drainage Strategy
- Phase 1 Contaminated Land Assessment
- Phase 2 Geo-Environmental Site Investigation
- Surface Water Soakage Testing
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS / BENEFITS:
- Secured planning permission from Cambridge City Council in December 2021.