West Tey represents the majority part of the proposed new garden community that will deliver high quality homes and infrastructure for North Essex. The community will be located to the west of Marks Tey, close to the A12 and A120 which provides convenient links to Colchester, Braintree, Chelmsford and beyond.
We assisted with an evolving strategy and were appointed by L&Q, who control the land, to assess all technical aspect in terms of infrastructure delivery and propose costings.
Our initial works involved assessing various routes for the main spine roads, and estimating the impact each would have on the neighbouring sensitive receptors. We were subsequently appointed to carry out a wider range of multidisciplinary technical services.
WHAT WE DID:
- Initial Baseline Noise and Vibration Monitoring
- Diffusion Tube Monitoring
- Water Quality and Flood Modelling
- Water Management Strategy
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Foul and Surface Water Drainage Strategy
- Utilities Appraisal
- Ground Conditions and Contamination
- Multidisciplinary Advice
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS / BENEFITS
- The findings and reports were utilised to support the Outline Planning Application and Viability Assessment.