Apex Business Park is situated south of Norwich city centre, in close proximity to the A47 South Bypass. A proposed new spine road running from the A140 to the B1113 will become the principal access road to and from Norwich. The scheme is in an area of significant growth and close to Broadland Business Park, an area with which we have a history of providing technical services and advice to developers.
Our multidisciplinary team have completed a number of technical services to support the planning application. All these elements have required our team to have detailed discussions with South Norfolk Council, the Highway Authority, the Environment Agency and the Lead Local Flood Authorities.
WHAT WE DID:
- Initial Technical Advice
- Flood Risk Assessment and Drainage Strategy
- Transport Assessment
- Reviewed the Ground Conditions
- Drainage Design
- Detailed Design for new Off-Site and On-Site Highways Improvements
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS / BENEFITS
- Completed all technical documentation for outline planning application and secured planning permission from South Norfolk Council in 2018.
- Completed the Detailed Design and obtained Technical Approval for both Off-Site and On-Site Infrastructure including a new roundabout, widening of the existing A140, upgrades to an existing traffic signal junction, provision of a new arm into the site, alterations to the exiting junction, other traffic calming measures towards Keswick.
- Designed an on-site permanent wet pond which flows into an infiltration basin via a strategic drainage network.
- Assisted with the discharge of planning conditions.