BREEAM Assessor / Consultant
Due to recent project wins, we are seeking a highly motivated BREEAM Assessor / Consultant to join our Sustainability team. The position reports to Sunanda Swain, Technical Director. This position will provide general BREEAM consultancy services and the location of the job can be at any of our offices on a hybrid basis.
*Salary will be commensurate with experience and location.
Your new role, what’s involved?
- Undertaking BREEAM Assessments from feasibility stage through to project completion
- Leading on day-to-day delivery of BREEAM projects
- Attending client and design team meetings as required
- Conducting and chairing meetings and workshops with the client and design team
- Working closely with the client, design team and contractors in a professional manner to deliver their key sustainability objectives
- Providing high quality consultancy services and technical support in a wide range of areas pertaining to BREEAM credits
- Advising clients or the design team on the most cost-effective and beneficial way to achieve BREEAM targets
- Advising clients and the project team on BREEAM scores and credit compliance requirements, ensuring that necessary information needed for the assessments are collected and reviewed
- Preparing validation statements and reports to be submitted to Building Research Establishment (BRE)
- Producing progress reports and updating BREEAM credit tracker
- Carrying out site audits during the construction phase and preparing accurate records of site visits and meetings / audit reports
- Responding to BRE QA review comments and closing out non-conformances
- Assisting with production of BREEAM AP reports at various stages of design and construction
- Engaging and maintaining healthy relationships with clients
- Aiding in preparation, monitoring, and reporting of project cost and budgets
- Supporting and providing training for junior members of the Sustainability team
- Interacting with other members of the business and external clients at all levels
We would love you to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant (BSc, MSc, etc.) or equivalent degree
- A BREEAM Assessor licence (BREEAM New Construction or BREEAM Refurbishment and fit-out)
- At least 1 years’ experience undertaking BREEAM Assessments
- Excellent numerical proficiency with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, an ability to analyse and sort complex data
- Experience with relevant or specialist software (Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to adapt your writing to our requirements. This includes the production of presentations, reports, letters and marketing material for both internal and external use
If you’ve also got these, you might be a real standout candidate:
- You are a BREEAM Accredited Professional (BREEAM AP)
- You have experience working across a variety of sectors – Residential, Commercial, Defence, Healthcare, etc
- You have a working knowledge of social and digital media channels with a view to using these to promote not only your work but also the business as a whole
At Create we proactively encourage applications from all candidates, no matter their experience level. We also positively encourage applications regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet our criteria and will endeavour to ensure that our workplace is comfortable and safe for you to work in. Please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in your application for the above role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time.
We will not accept applications via recruitment agencies.